Saturday, March 22, 2008

Smile!


Yes, I finally broke down and replaced my old, broken Casio camera. And given that I wanted to take up photography as a hobby and since everyone left, right and centre seems to be going for a DSLR, I might as well get one myself.

But while everyone else has bought either a Canon or a Nikon, I went for the left field choice. That camera I'm holding in that picture above is a Sony α200.

Why? Value for money. A Canon EOS 400D with an 18-55mm lens currently goes at around RM2,499 (Philbert got his for somewhere in the region of RM2,800). The Sony - even with a slightly better-specced lens - is yours for RM1,999. Toss another 500 quid at your dealer and you can even get an additional telephoto lens.

So, two lenses for the price of one. Handy, eh?

No comments: